With the long weekend upon us I decided it was time to do some baking and of course Anzac biscuits were on my mind with ANZAC Day being a couple of days away. I was coming up with all different ways to use them but kept coming back to a crumble. I pictured the Anzac crumb layered up with fruit and yoghurt so off to work I went to create this dessert.
Here’s the Anzac Crumb Recipe
1/2 cup SR flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup coconut
1tbs golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 170
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar and coconut in a mixing bowl.
- Melt butter and golden syrup in microwave for 20 seconds, stir. Melt for a further 10 seconds or until butter is completely melted.
- Add the melted butter to the dry ingredients and combine.
- Spread out on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool then transfer to a container.
Creating the dessert
As you can see I’ve layered strawberries, yoghurt and the Anzac crumb. I put this little video together while I made it too. You should be able to make 4-6 of these, I made 4 and had some crumb left over.
What you’ll need:
2 punnets of strawberries
400g yoghurt (I’ve used a honey flavoured one by Chobani but you could opt for vanilla or natural)
1 batch of Anzac crumb
- Slice strawberries and place first layer in glass.
- Spoon yoghurt on next.
- Sprinkle the crumb in (approx 2 dessert spoons per layer).
- Repeat the above 3 steps.
Enjoy your treat.
P.S. the crumb also tastes delicious sprinkled on icecream.