I love banana bread and cannot get enough of it. Who’s with me?
When we were deciding what to take to brekkie on Mother’s Day, Dan said he could make up some loaves of banana bread. Now who am I to argue with that. Of course we had to do a test run just to make sure it tasted ok. And it did! Here’s the recipe so you can enjoy it too.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 75 minutes
self raising flour
bananas, medium size (very ripe)
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Line a rectangle loaf or bread tin with baking paper.
- Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl.
melted butter, eggs, sour cream, maple syrup and vanilla essence in a
separate bowl and then add to the flour and sugar. Mix well.
- Mash the bananas up in a bowl and then add to the mixture.
- Pour mixture into the lined tin and bake for 60-70 minutes.
- Cool in tin for 5 minutes and then turn out onto cooling rack.
Enjoy it fresh from the oven maybe with a little spread of butter or if its a day or two later zap it in the microwave for 10 seconds.