Are you after a mid week tasty soup or a Sunday comfort meal? Our chicken wonton soup won’t disappoint and is packed with flavour. Here’s our easy recipe:
1. Peel and slice ginger.
2. Halve stick of lemon grass and cut into 3cm
3. Combine chicken stock, soy,
lemon grass, ginger, star anise and cinnamon stick in a large pot.
4. Bring to the boil on stove and then turn down to
a medium to low heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Take off the heat and allow the flavours to infuse while making the wontons.
6. Combine chicken
mince, garlic, soy and spring onion in a bowl and mix well.
7. Place a wonton wrapper onto the bench and
place 1 1/2 tsp of the chicken mixture into the centre of the wonton.
8. Brush the outer edges of the wrapper with
cold water and fold one corner over the filling to form a triangle. Press edges together to firmly seal.
9. Fold the two bottom points upwards and pinch
the three points of the triangle together.
Use more cold water to seal if required. You should get about 18-20 wontons.
10. Strain the soup into
another pot keeping only the liquid.
the soup onto a medium heat and bring to the boil.
12. Separate the leaves from the stem of the bok choy.
13. Roughly chop stems and place into the soup
along with the wontons.
14. Boil for 5
minutes and add bok choy leaves. Cook
for a further 2 mintues.
15. Divide the wontons into
4 bowls and ladle the soup over. Top
with finely sliced spring onion, coriander leaves and chilli if desired.